Monday, February 2, 2009

A Day with Sophie


It is rare that I get to spend a day alone with Sophie, but this past Saturday I was able to do just that. She started cheerleading this year through the Upward program at our church (Steve and I secretly wished she would have played basketball, but she so wanted to be a cheerleader like her cousin, Megan!), and after her game on Saturday, Sophie and I went out to lunch with my parents, sister and niece. Then we had to go back to church because we had volunteered to work the concession stand.

She was SO EXCITED! She had such a great time getting people their drinks, handling the money and serving people their food. She didn't want to leave! When I finally managed to get her in the car, she told me, "Mommy, this was the best hour of my life!"

My sweet girl will turn seven on Feb. 12. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by. I have a message for Sophie: This has been the best seven years of my life! I love you, Big Girl!

No comments: