Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cherry-Pineapple Crap (Cobbler) Recipe


A friend of mine made me this after I had Carly. She is due to deliver her second child next week, so I was reminded of this special time in my life and this delicious recipe. She made hers with just the cherry pie filling, but I added the pineapple chunks (reminiscent of a dump cake). You may use any pie filling you like--it's super easy to make and super yummy!

Ingredients
1 can cherry pie filling
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
1 C flour
1 C sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted in microwave

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together pie filling and pineapple chunks and pour into 11 x 7 x 1.5 inch casserole dish. Or you can use individual casseroles.
3. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
4. Add beaten egg and mix together until crumbly.
5. Spoon mixture over pie filling.
6. Pour melted butter over top of crumb mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until top is brown and bubbly.
Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. When I had just had Carly and was nursing 24/7, I ate this yummy concoction for breakfast.

1 comment:

JennEvans said...

Awwww, Suzi! Now my Granny's crap is famous! Next time I'll try it with the pineapple.. yummy!